Plans, directs, coordinates and oversees housekeeping department operations to ensure adequate housekeeping services are rendered to all facilities. Assures staff is trained according to organization policies and procedures, applicable laws and government regulations. Maintains and environment that is sanitary, attractive and safe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates staff activities/functions and establishes work standards and work flow.
2. Establishes and implements guidelines and procedures for departmental operations.
3. Orders housekeeping supplies as needed.
4. Maintains housekeeping supply inventory and justifies supplies/equipment purchased.
5. Responds to emergency housekeeping situations.
6. Interacts with management staff and vendors as needed.
7. Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards.
8. Coordinates all outside services (i.e. Pest control, medical waste removal) related to housekeeping.
9. Ensures staff is trained on the safe handling of cleaning chemicals in accordance with department guidelines and ensures compliance with local, state and federal safety standards, MSDS, OSHA, EPA and other applicable rules and regulations.
10. Maintains all department records.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above specifications and duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Education and experience:
1. Minimum 5 years prior related housekeeping management experience in a healthcare setting.
2. High school diploma or GED.
3. Effective communication skills, administrative abilities, good inter-personal relations skills and self-motivation.
4. PC literate.
5. Flexibility – able to adapt to changing work assignments
6. Ability to work well with people at all levels in an environment with ever changing priorities and/or situations.
7. Ability to work effectively under pressure.
8. Ability to multi-task and establish priorities,
9. Detail oriented.
1. Considerable heavy lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
2. Pushing and pulling heavy objects and cleaning equipment.
3. Bending, stooping.
4. Potential exposure to harsh chemicals.
5. Exposure to wet conditions.